Here are the answers to the comments left at the 'A Beautiful Day' entry! You can still leave me questions... and I will answer them on Sunday sometime... So join in the fun... Okay Gaz? Okay!
Comment from: psychfun
1. If you were a nut what nut would you be and why?
2. If you were an animal what animal would you be and why?
3. Who do you admire the most & why?"
1. If I were a nut I would be a walnut, because I would be tough on the outside when I need to be, but have a yummy soft inside to give!
2. I would be a domestic indoor house cat. I would be served all my meals, the house would be cleaned for me, as well as my litter box, and I could nap for 20 out of 24 hours... ahhh... the life!
3. Jesus. And, without getting into any arguements about religion or divinity, here is why. He preached love, tolerance, acceptance and inclusion to his contemporary Jews who valued elitism, punishment, and an 'eye for an eye' mentality as religious edicts and a way of life. He preached the same to the Romans who also were an elitist class society who saw honor in dying a violent death, loyal to the emperor, whether moral or not. I respect that Jesus bucked the system, with is his message knowing it would get him killed and still, he walked the walked. To the end.
Comment from: coelha
"Okay Dawn.. Here goes:
1. Who is your favorite Sesame Street muppet?
2. If you could date anyone (say you are single for a moment) who would you date?
3. Who is sexier, Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers) or Bob Barker-- You need to give reasons to support your opinion.
I'll be anticipating your answers soon! :) Julie "
1. I have two favorite Muppets! The ever elusive Snufalupagus or Snuffy as he was called. He was just so sweet, and rarely on the show, I loved him! I equally loved the Cookie Monster! I had a Cookie Monster puppet when I was little and my dad would eat the cookies and mash them and make a mess all over while doing the voice! Needless to say, it was a big hit, except with my psycho German cleaning mother! LOL
2. I am going to assume you mean to pick a celebrity. Hmmm... I'll start with Johnny Depp, then work my way over to Mark Harmon from NCIS. Yummy.
3. I can't imagine Mr. Rogers as anything but a father figure, so I will go with Bob Barker. He likes dogs and cats a lot. That is sexy. I guess. Eww... I hate that you asked me this at all. lol
Comment from: frankandmary
"1) Why do you homeschool(which I happen to admire, when done correctly)?
2) How many times have you yelled: I have a freakin brain tumor, someone else do the laundry? ;-)
3) You are a writer. If you could write a book you knew would have an impact on people across the country, what content/subject would you choose?
I already did Ask Mary Anything a while ago. I am so done. Your turn. ~Mary"
1. I homeschool Hammer because after 3 years of fighting with the public school they would still not recognize that he had Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism and needed special and specific help. The irony is that, just this year, they built a classroom specifically for kids with Asperger's and other autism issues. Amazing what can happen in almost 8years time, now they want to be the premier Aspie/autism grammar school in the district. Idiots.
2. I did yell it yesterday at my Hubby, after he insisted he told me something, and I insisted he didn't... it shut him up and I won! Yay... Brain tumor 1, Hubby 0. LOL
3. If I knew that my books impact would that great, I would have to write about being a mom to an Aspie, about homeschooling him, the struggles we went through as parents before we knew, our struggles with the school, and finishing with the wonderful young man he is today. It would be an honor to be part of raising awareness for Asperger's and Autism. There are many books out there by 'experts'; there needs to be more from the moms!!!
Comment from: eml625
"Ok- After much thought here are my questions.
1) The first concert you went to?
2) Did you drink alcohol before you were legal ?
3) Did you ever sneak out of your house after your parents went to bed?
Zeppelin is one of my all time favorite bands....Stairway to heaven ! OMG Black DOG ! That sure brings back memories.
1. My very first concert was in early 1982, I went to see Journey, with Loverboy as the opening band, at the Nassau Colisseum, on Long Island. We sat in the 15th row on the floor, best seats I have ever had!
2. Yes, I did. My parents used to let me have wine at holidays, in an aperitif glass (very small), from about the time I was 10. ;-D He he he... Thought you would get me to admit to worse than that, huh? lol
3. No, I never did do that. I was such an amazingly 'good girl'. My parents used to let me have some friends over when I was college age, and Kathy and I were supposed to make them leave at midnight. My parents would be asleep, so we used to let them stay later... that was the extent of my naughtiness. LOL
Comment from: deshelestraci
"This is so hard.
ok, since we both homeschool...
1. What curriculum do you use, if you do use a curriculum?
2. How long have you had Lupus?
3. If you could go anywhere in the world where and why?
1. I do not use a curriculum. Hammer was (and still is) at so many different levels simultaneously, it would have been a waste of time and money to buy a boxed year of '3rd grade' for example. I am also all for not turning homeschooling into 'school at home'. I believe the beauty and joy of homeschooling is being able to make it a customized, richer, deeper and better experience for your child/children. JMHO. Although, I don't specifically have it out for boxed curriculum either.
2. Although I was diagnosed officially with Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis simultaneously in 2002, by going over an extensive medical history with me from childhood on, my rheumatologist is fairly sure I have had Lupus since I was a late teen.
3. To Paris to see the Louvre museum. I want to see the Mona Lisa. And the other masterpieces that reside there.
Comment from: toonguykc
"I'm late to the "Ask Princess" party. I did an "Ask the Gay Guy" bit last year and that was fun...
1. Who do you think will be the next President of the US?
2. What male celebrity do you find extremely hot?
3. Male celebrity that many people think is hot that you don't?
1. I think it will be Hilary Clinton. Not sure who I am voting for yet, but I believe that she will win in the end.
2. I think I covered this earlier when Julie (coehla) asked me about dating. But, I am happy to repeat and expand my very hot male celebrity list for you, Russ... Johnny Depp, Mark Harmon, Brad Pitt, Jon BonJovi, George Clooney.... I think that is good... lol
3. I don't get the big fuss over any of the guys on the show 'Lost'. I mean, they are okay... but really... please. @@ Only Matthew Fox would get a second look from me and then he would have to shower. That blonde Sawyer guy... nah.
Comment from: sunnyside46
"1. when did you know your husband was the one for you?
2. what was your first thought when you knew you would become a mother?
3. what do you like best about where you live?
1. On our second date. I knew without a doubt. I may have suspected a little prior to that, as things were clicking really well, but on our second date, 17 years ago this past June 2nd, I knew. I came home from the date at 4am and told my mom, "This is the man I am going to marry."
2. Probably, something like "Yay!", followed closely by "Holy Crap!" LOL
3. I like best the diversity and availability of many diverse goods, products and foods! Living in the NYC Metro area, we are in a nice suburban neighborhood, but have the world at our fingertips.
Comment from: tenyearnap
"Hey...I missed this entry! Let's see...
1. I notice the CSI picture. Do you think he is hot? Is it the brains?
2. What's for supper?
3. What's in your reading pile now? (I'm reading your recommendation: Gods and Generals and loving it...have the other two waiting. Thanks!)
1. Yes, I do think that Gil Grissom, played by William Peterson, is hot, and yes, it is TOTALLY the brains! LOL
2. Tonight, we went to Hooter for wings!!! Yummy! The wings are really awesome, and the girls actually wear more than most bathing suits that we see at our municipal 'family' pool!
3. I have 'Labrinyth' by Kate Mosse, 'The Professor and the Madman' by Simon Winchester and HP and the Half-Blood Prince to read again before the new book comes out. (Cin, glad you like the Shaara Civil War books, they rock, so I knew you would!)
Comment from: topazscorpio27
"1. How did you and your husband meet?
2. If you could go back in time and meet any famous person who would it be?
3. If you could change one physical traitand one personality trait what wouldyou change? "
1. I was working with his mom in the credit and collections dept. of a major NJ company. She invited me over for a costume jewelry demonstration/party. He hung out after the demo part was over, and everyone was just talking and snacking. The next work day his mom asked me if he could have my telephone number, and the rest is history.
2. This is a tough one... there are so many to choose from, but if just one I would choose Abraham Lincoln.
3. The physical trait is easy, my weight. Pregnancies, prednisone, having chronic pain - all have taken their toll on that. Personality trait is hard...hmmm, maybe being so sentimental. It would be easier not to be, I think, but honestly, I wouldn't change anything. lol I am what I am, and I like me!